1. Definition of Personal Information
"Personal Information" refers to “Personal Information” as set forth in Article 2 of the Act on Protection of Personal Information (Law No. 57, dated May 30, 2003; includes subsequent changes) and applies to the information that can identify a particular person, such as name, age, telephone number, e-mail address, address, place of work, information on the products and services purchased, information on inquiries, and personal identification code.
2. Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection and Management
1. Our company will collect, obtain, use and provide Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
2. Our company will make best efforts to ensure personal data to be precise and up-to-date.
3. Our company will take necessary and appropriate measures to manage personal data, including protection against unauthorized access, loss, leak, and damage.
4. Our company will comply with laws, regulations, and the guidelines for them, as well as internal rules on Personal Information.
5. When contracting the handling of personal data to a third party, our company will entrust only to a contractor who meets the requirements based on our company's internal rules. Our company will manage such contractors in an appropriate manner.
6. Our company will continue to improve the protection of Personal Information.
3. Name of Business Operator Handling Personal Information
ONO DIGITAL HEALTH INVESTMENT, GK.
4. Use of Personal Information
In connection with the provision of products and services, our company shall acquire the Personal Information necessary for conducting business in relation to the following: 1. for the purposes outlined below; and 2. handle the Personal Information within the scope of such purposes.
1. Our Company’s business fields
1. Investment in startup companies and promotion of their business
2. Business startup assistance
3. All businesses related to the above
2. Purposes of use
1. Discovery of candidate ventures for investment, assessment of validity for investment in candidates, and execution of administrative work related to investment.
2. Announcement of assistance to be provided for the purpose of expanding business of a venture in which the Company invests, by our company and its consolidated affiliates throughout the world listed in the Securities Report (“Yukashoken Hokokusho”), provision of such assistance, and execution of related administrative work.
3. Consultation for management of a venture in which the Company invests.
4. Sale of marketable securities owned, etc., and execution of related administrative work.
5. Exercising the Company’s rights and fulfilling its obligations in compliance with applicable laws, ordinances, contracts, etc.
6. Execution of other processes necessary for the Company’s business administration.
5. Joint Use
Our company may cooperate with Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a business executive employee of our company, and its consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and overseas, as described in its Annual Securities Reports to jointly use the necessary items, such as the information provided by the employee or a candidate company for investment regarding an individual’s name, address, place of work, and investments, within the scope of the purposes described in point no. 4. The management of the said personal information shall be our company’s responsibility (for the representatives and address, please see [http://onodigitalhealth.com]).
6. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
Our company will not disclose or provide personal data to third parties without the consent of the Persons in Question, except in the following cases:
1. When required by laws and regulations.
2. When necessary to protect the life, well-being, or property of the Persons in Question, and when it is difficult to obtain their consent.
3. When necessary particularly for improving public health or promoting the healthy growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Persons in Question.
4. When necessary to provide cooperation to national agencies, municipalities, or entities that are entrusted by such governmental organizations in the performance of their tasks required by laws and regulations, and when obtaining consent from the Persons in Question can hinder the proper execution of such tasks.
5. When it is necessary for the said third party, which is an academic research institution (including universities and other academic research institutions, organizations, or their members), to handle the Personal Information for academic research purposes. However, this does not apply if it may unfairly infringe upon the individuals’ rights and interests.
6. When contracting out a part of or the entire operations to a contractor for facilitating smooth operations. In this case, ONO DIGITAL HEALTH INVESTMENT will conclude an agreement with the contractor on the handling and protection of Personal Information and manage such information in an appropriate manner. In addition, if our company provides the Personal Information to an outsourcee in a foreign country, it will ensure that the information is provided to a Principal and that the Principal’s consent is obtained in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and related laws and regulations related to such provision to a third party in a foreign country as well as the Personal Information Protection Commission guidelines.
7. When the consent of the Persons in Question has been obtained in advance.
8. When Personal Information is jointly used as described in 5 above.
9. When the provision is made in relation to the succession of a business due to a merger or other reasons.
7. Safety Management Measures
Our company shall take the necessary and appropriate measures for the prevention of leakage, loss, or damage and the safety management of the Personal Information that it handles. To know about our company’s safety control measures, please contact the address mentioned in point no. 10 below.
8. Information Needed for Requesting Disclosure, etc.
Our company will promptly respond to requests for the disclosure, correction, addition, or deletion of content, suspension or deletion of use, and suspension of the provision of third-party use related to the Retained Personal Data (hereinafter referred to as the “request for disclosure”) within a reasonable range. If a separate set of procedures are provided on the website of each ONO DIGITAL HEALTH INVESTMENT business entity, please follow those procedures.
Where to send requests for disclosure, etc.
Please mail your request to the contacts provided in item 10 of this document. Please mark the envelop with "Request for Disclosure, etc." in red.
Documents (forms) to be submitted with "Request for Disclosure, etc."
When sending a "Request for Disclosure, etc.," please download the request form as described in (a) below and fill in all the spaces provided. Please enclose the ID documents described in (b) below and (if the written option is selected as the response method for the invoice in a.) a return envelope with the address of the Person in Question (the same address as on the ID) and mail them to the address provided in 7(1) above.
When selecting the written option as the response method for the invoice in a. and notifying the purpose of use or requesting disclosure, please return an addressed and stamped return envelope as described in (c) below.
Request form prescribed by ONO DIGITAL HEALTH INVESTMENT
One of the following documents:
● Copy of driver's license
● Copy of passport
● Copy of alien registration card
● Copy of residence card
● Copy of special permanent resident certificate,
or a copy of each of the following documents:
● Copy of either health insurance card or pension book; and
● Copy of family register or resident register
[When a request is made by an agent:]
i. An agent with power of attorney: each of the following documents:
● Seal registration certificate for the seal affixed on power of attorney
● Documents to prove the agent's identity
(the same ID documents as required for the Person in Question above)
ii. When a request is made by a legal representative: each of the following documents:
（ⅰ）For a minor
Copy of the family register of the Person in Question or copy of the health insurance card with the names of dependents.
（ⅱ）For an adult ward
Documents to prove registration as prescribed in Section 10 of the Act on Guardianship Registration, etc.
● Document to prove the right for legal representation for a minor or an adult ward.
● ID documents of the legal representative.
(same as the ID documents required for the Person in Question above)
Addressed and stamped return envelope
● Please write the address of the Person in Question on the envelope.
(the address on the ID documents for the Person in Question or his/her agent)
● When notifying the purpose of use or requesting disclosure, please affix a stamp that covers the cost of certified registered mail.
Reply to the Request for Disclosure, etc.
We will respond using the designated method (document, e-mail, fax) described in the invoice in 2.a above. However, if disclosure through the designated method is difficult, we will respond in writing.
9. When Request for Disclosure, etc. Cannot be Granted
A Request for Disclosure, etc. will not be granted if the laws and regulations present the grounds and when there are flaws in the information presented in accordance with 8 above.
10. Contacts for inquires, the Scope of Joint Use, Requests for Disclosure, Etc. and Filing Complaints
ONO DIGITAL HEALTH INVESTMENT, GK
9-11, Nihonbashi-Honcho 4-chome, Chuo-ku,Tokyo 103-0023 JAPAN
Charge of Personal Information protection